MacBook not starting after cleaning keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nezinau, Apr 5, 2013.

1. nezinau macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have cleaned my MacBook's keyboard with wet wipe, and after this my MacBook OS not starting after I turn it on. There just show Apple logo, later it disappear and starting to spin a CD. Everything ends with loading icon instead of mouse arrow. In some forums I found that people get same problems after cleaning a keyboard, but they say that computer does not turn on at all (if I good understand). Is it the only way out to wait until it will dry up and try to start up the system again ? Or maybe my problem is different ? because computer starts, just stops in loading... Waiting for your help...

p.s. is there manual way to remove CD without loading OS (like in casual CD-ROM's are small hole to open) ?

Thank you

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

What kind of wet wipe? How wet was the wipe?

Unfortunately, it's possible you caused liquid damage.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yeah, if it's a restaurant style one that could just dump a whole bunch of chemical liquid in there...OP, you may be out of luck here....

4. RichGiles macrumors newbie

Ouch! Hopefully you havent caused liquid damage, have you recently opened up your machine, could the keyboard have accidentally have disconnected from the logic board? or maybe it was unplugged and not plugged back in properly.

Its doubtful thats the right answer but i thought id share because i did something similar before with a netbook and you never know.

I hope you get it fixed whatever it is.

5. StockDC2 macrumors regular

I think that if you hold the spacebar while turning on the computer, it'll eject the CD.