Macbook Not waking up from sleep..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by originalcliche, Dec 21, 2007.

1. originalcliche macrumors member

Hey I have a fairly recently new macbook, bought it beginning of November of 2007 and just now it has started to not wake up after being put to sleep. Basically when im done at night doing what I do , i just close the lid. In the morning I come back to open the lid and nothing is on, the screen is black and if i unplug the power adapter my M-Audio Firewire device which is powered by the firewire port shuts off.

Does anyone know why or how I can fix this without sending it in?

2. John01021988 macrumors 6502

try unplugging your firewire device before you put it into sleep mode. Sometimes these devices wake the Macbook in the middle of the night and by some reason the macbook wont go to sleep mode again in a properly way.

3. originalcliche thread starter macrumors member

OK I ll try that

I didnt have to do it before and it worked fine by closing the lid, should maybe I put it in sleep mode before closing the lid? Anyways Its not cool and kind of annoying, but I guess I can't expect the world for ONLY $1500. Maybe some more cash and I wouldn't have problems.:rolleyes:

4. ZMRoach macrumors regular

ZMRoach

also make sure you dont have istat pro. i had the same problem until i deleted that.

5. originalcliche thread starter macrumors member

WOudl iStat pro be something I would of had to download? Or would it of came with an update? Or Leapord? I'm not on it so I can't check right now

6. ZMRoach macrumors regular

ZMRoach

it's a dashboard widget, and from what i've heard its a leopard only problem. (not sure if it effects tiger or older)

7. originalcliche thread starter macrumors member

Yes I have Leopard... I will check into this tonight hopefully it fixes my problem.. Thanks 4 your guys's input, I really appreciate it.

8. John01021988 macrumors 6502

iStat works fine for me, and I have Leopard..... The only sleep problem I've ever had was when somebody unplugged the USB hub I had attached to my Macbook, which had my iPod, a printer, USB memory and my wireless logitech mouse connected all together. So far my macbook is "perfect" but in the outside, it has those nasty thin cracks, which will get fixed probably in Jan.

9. chrisz macrumors newbie

I had the same problem, until I realised that my macbook keyboard wasn't responding after it was put to sleep (mouse or power button would wake it up). Do you wake your mac up by pressing the keyboard? Have you installed the latest software update regarding keyboard unresponsiveness? It cured my macbook wake from sleep problem.

10. originalcliche thread starter macrumors member

OK so I checked...

I dont have istat pro.

The mouse, power button, or keyboard wont wake it up and I downloaded the latest updates from the software update option.

When it used to wake up from sleep i would just touch the mouse pad.. I think it is because my bluetooth goes to sleep and i have a mouse connected via bluetooth however it sued to wake up just by using the built in scroll mouse touch pad thing.

Do you guys suggest I take it in? And will they send it out if they cant fix it at the store? I am currently working on my album and being away from the computer will seriously damper the time I could be using to make some music since it's all based on my mac now.

11. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

Is it plugged in by the A/C adaptor? The battery might run out during the night... because the firewire keeps taking power from the laptop.

12. Babyboi macrumors regular

it actually worked. i unplugged all usb/firewire devices and then went to sleep. opened up my lid to wake up my mbp and it woke up without having to hard reset. thanks for the tips! there is hope!