Macbook not working help!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aretardedorange, Sep 1, 2011.

1. aretardedorange macrumors newbie

I have a 9/2010 Macbook. Recently I was having flickering issues where if I moved the screen I would get patterns on the screen and sometimes the screen would go black. I was ignoring the problem but was going to go to apple store this weekend.

This evening I was drinking tea and (2 sips) of tea fell on my keyboard. I was setting it down and it splashed onto the keyboard. I cleaned it right off and everything was working fine. I turned it off and now it starts but the caps lock key is lit and no display.

The caps lock key is green and the fans kick in at turbo mode and then it turns off. I tried it again and the HD kept clicking over and over again and I got display on my macbook then it turned right off.

What can the problem be?

2. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Well I think your screen problem has something to do with a cable in the dislplay.. I could be wrong. And also your Hard drive may have failed. I think you may want to take it to apple or some type of authorized dealer who can help you out.

Also check to see if any of the tea drops got onto the logic board. I doubt that's the problem tho.

3. StockDC2 macrumors regular

A number of things may have occurred. I'm willing to bet that the logic board is fried though from the liquid damage and as AppleFanatic10 stated, the hard drive is dead.

4. NorthDakota91 macrumors member

I quote StockDC2 and AppleFanatic10, you should take it to apple.