Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrmacfreek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
Las Vegas
Recently I found myself in a position where I had to choose, Mac Mini or Laptop.

Fortunately I chose the Mac Mini which allowed me to buy a 32"*monitor. Now I made this choice personally because I don't need a portable computer and it's only my first Mac so I didn't need too much power.

Now here is my advice, If you want a powerful machine that you can take on the go get a MacBook Pro 13". Alot of people say ill get the 15" or the 17"... don't. When you are on the go 15 or 17 is not necessary. At home you can just use a monitor.

For example take you MacBook Pro 13", $1200, then the 15" is $1700. That is $500 in savings. With that kind of money you can get a simple 24-32" monitor for being at home and still have that Nvidia chip 2.23Ghz and much more on the go.

Now if you know you are never going to need a portable computer it's all about power. If you need miniscule power and something really cool, go for the Mac Mini. its only $600 which saves you $600 in comparison to the next highest computer, iMac 20". With that money you can also update to the higher model and still have enough money for a 24-32" better monitor then the iMac.

For more information check out my video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHI1i5FdSwk&feature=channel_page

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.