Macbook, now or wait for update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mac07, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Mac07 macrumors newbie

Ok so I've been thinking of getting a macbook. I dont need or want to spend the money on the mbp or air. Was think of getting the 2gb ram, 160gb harddrive. Still unsure about the warrenty?
    I want to mainly have a laptop when I travel, be able to use photoshop elements and be able to burn music. Any recommendation? Any rumors of new updated macbooks soon?

Thanx for all the input.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

...see that little tab at the top right of the screen that says buyers guide, it contains release information on all of apple products, currently there has been 100 days since up update to the macbook, average number of days between updates is 199, so we are about exactly in the middle of the life cycle of the current product, so if you want one now, buy it, otherwise you could be waiting another 3-4 months or longer

3. jeff3221 macrumors regular

I think the middle line macbook would be good for you. If you could, you should upgrade the memory or hard drive yourself to save money. And now is a good time to buy.

4. Mac07 thread starter macrumors newbie

how hard is it to upgrade a hd and memory on a laptop, does it void the mac warrenty?

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

It's a five minute job in the Macbook; you just need a watch screwdriver for the memory and a T8 for the drive caddy. Warranty remains secure; Apple provides instructions in the MB booklet.