macbook. now or wait??? HELP.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JohnnyQuest, Nov 20, 2006.

  1. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816


    May 25, 2006
    so i am saving money for a macbook right now and expect to buy one around new years. my only question is: should i wait for leopard? is it really that necessary to have or can i wait a while then buy it?
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor


    Staff Member

    Jan 20, 2005
    I'd go ahead and get it. There were a few bugs with the initial release of Tiger, so it might be good to wait a little bit before upgrading to Leopard. You'll want that Mac before then, and Tiger will serve you just fine.
  3. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816


    Aug 14, 2006
    Since the new macbooks are 64-bit, there is no reason to wait any longer then you need to. I'm not a huge fan of "waiting" for machines, you'll never get to use your mac if you're always "waiting" for it.
  4. whawhat macrumors 6502

    Jun 9, 2006
    i would get one now - just make sure it's c2d - i had a single core duo macbook before w/ a ton of bugs and i returned and waited for c2d. no problems (knock on wood) so far.....
  5. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816


    Sep 27, 2006
    Get one now. If your always thinking of getting the "next, new" thing, you'll be waiting forever. This is especially true in hardware, wear the increase in speed is barely noticable, at all.

    Leopard does have many new features, but there will be bugs in the initial version as stated before, and Leopard's release is in spring. Spring could mean anywhere from late March to early June. And you could always upgrade. :)
  6. extraextra macrumors 68000


    Jun 29, 2006
    Agree with the others, buy now!

    I'd wait till the fall to buy Leopard, any major bugs (if any) will have been worked out.

Share This Page