Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

betazen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
I realize this question may be redundant but would just like some feedback from the community. I'm in the market for a 13" Macbook. The last refresh was in October I believe and wanted to know if we'll be seeing one anytime soon since it's been over 4 months now. I'm not referring to a complete refresh because that is obviously not likely, but rather a spec (bump in video card?) and price one. Thank you for your time and help.

daimos

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2009
the only reason to wait right now is snow leopard. it might be a $129 upgrade.

NewMacCity

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2009
There is a mb/mbp update expected in 2-3 months

Will this be the revb update or just the same revA books with a spec bump??

I'm interested in a mb also but am trying to stick with the old "never buy the first gen. product" saying

So am I wrong thinking that the next update will be revB??

If I'm right and u can wait for the update I think it will be worth the wait even if it's just a moderate spec bump

If I'm wrong (very possible) then jus buy now reviews on this round of mb's have been pretty descent across the board

But I am a mac newb and am still learning my own way around this waiting game myself =)

derek1984

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2008
If you want a 13 inch MB, I would wait. Next revision might occur in April or May. I am buying a 17 inch MBP and have decided not to wait. Why? Because the 17 inch has all the things that I would wait for in the 13 and 15 inch already (better battery, anti-glare screen). They might do that with the 13 and 15 inch, but nobody knows. Snow Leopard will not be out until AT LEAST June. If you can, wait. If not, just buy. Technology is always being updated. Just the way it goes.

NewMacCity

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2009
Mini hijack question:

Does the next mb/mbp update in the next few months = rev B? of this series?

Ty in advance. I'll take my answer off the air =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.