Macbook Now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by betazen, Mar 7, 2009.

  1. betazen macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2009
    #1
    I realize this question may be redundant but would just like some feedback from the community. I'm in the market for a 13" Macbook. The last refresh was in October I believe and wanted to know if we'll be seeing one anytime soon since it's been over 4 months now. I'm not referring to a complete refresh because that is obviously not likely, but rather a spec (bump in video card?) and price one. Thank you for your time and help.
     
  2. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

    iSaygoodbye

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2009
    Location:
    a boat
  3. iToaster macrumors 68000

    iToaster

    Joined:
    May 3, 2007
    Location:
    In front of my MacBook Pro
    #3
    It'd be unlikely to see a video card upgrade with the first refresh. I'd just buy now, any refreshes won't add noticeable speed.
     
  4. daimos macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2009
    #4
    the only reason to wait right now is snow leopard. it might be a $129 upgrade.
     
  5. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

    iSaygoodbye

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2009
    Location:
    a boat
    #5
    if you want to wait 6 months listen to him
     
  6. NewMacCity macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2009
    #6
    There is a mb/mbp update expected in 2-3 months

    Will this be the revb update or just the same revA books with a spec bump??

    I'm interested in a mb also but am trying to stick with the old "never buy the first gen. product" saying

    So am I wrong thinking that the next update will be revB??

    If I'm right and u can wait for the update I think it will be worth the wait even if it's just a moderate spec bump

    If I'm wrong (very possible) then jus buy now reviews on this round of mb's have been pretty descent across the board

    But I am a mac newb and am still learning my own way around this waiting game myself =)
     
  7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

    clyde2801

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    #7
    Considering they just completely revamped the product line in October, any refresh will just be bumping the specs, slightly faster processor, and the like. If you need it now, get it now.
     
  8. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2008
    #8
    If you want a 13 inch MB, I would wait. Next revision might occur in April or May. I am buying a 17 inch MBP and have decided not to wait. Why? Because the 17 inch has all the things that I would wait for in the 13 and 15 inch already (better battery, anti-glare screen). They might do that with the 13 and 15 inch, but nobody knows. Snow Leopard will not be out until AT LEAST June. If you can, wait. If not, just buy. Technology is always being updated. Just the way it goes.
     
  9. NewMacCity macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2009
    #9
    Mini hijack question:

    Does the next mb/mbp update in the next few months = rev B? of this series?

    Ty in advance. I'll take my answer off the air =)
     

Share This Page