Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookguy

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Happy New Year all,

I just got my C2D MB (mid-range model) on Friday and I've been playing with it almost constantly since, and I've noticed a few things I thought I'd share with all of you - see if any of you have noticed the same stuff.

First, my MB runs amazing. Running Office.x on my MB is much, much quicker than running it on my CD iMac or my G3 iBook. I don't know if it's a normal or not, and I'm thinking it's not, but Office.x feels like it is running on a G5 on my MB. I am extremely impressed by this improvement in Rosetta. My CD iMac runs it at what feels about the equiv of my G3 iBook, which makes it all the more impressive.

I also love the new magnetic latch and magsafe adaptor. Both are a welcomed change over the iBook. I never was a fan of the latch in the iBook, and it seems so much easier to just lift the thing open. And magsafe is a god-send for those as clumsy as I. (Not to mention the SMS.)

My C2D runs about 50-60C. From what I can tell, this seems to be the normal range for a C2D MacBook. I've been using my MB on my lap, which is a big Apple no-no, I know, but I've got an iLap on the way to compensate. I'm curious, though, would an iLap make it through an airport security checkpoint? I've only heard my fan rev up once - scared the living crap outta me - it was loud - but since then, I've taken advice in this forum to use a program to keep my fans running at a pre-set speed. I use CoreDuoTemp to monitor my battery temp.

My built in iSight is not as nice as the one on my iMac. As a matter of fact, the resolution on my MB is almost total crap. The pictures are way too grainy - and they just look aweful. It's not a huge, huge issue to me, it certainly won't lead me to exchange it, but it would be nice if the pics looked better. I am wondering how other MB owners' pics look?!

That's about it for now. So far, so good. I'm a happy MacBook owner, and it is certainly the right machine to replace an aging 4-year-old iBook.

-MBG :cool:

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
i got smcfancontrol, so my CD MB is runing at 40C most of the time.

anyhow, glad u are happy with upgrade.

Mac'Mo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
NYC
My C2D runs about 50-60C. From what I can tell, this seems to be the normal range for a C2D MacBook. I've been using my MB on my lap, which is a big Apple no-no, I know, but I've got an iLap on the way to compensate. I'm curious, though, would an iLap make it through an airport security checkpoint? I've only heard my fan rev up once - scared the living crap outta me - it was loud - but since then, I've taken advice in this forum to use a program to keep my fans running at a pre-set speed. I use CoreDuoTemp to monitor my battery temp.

-MBG :cool:

Just curious, what program do you use to keep your "fans running at a pre-set speed" ???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.