Macbook (October 14th Model) OR Macbook Rev B, Possible Nehalem by 2009?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hamzab, Oct 21, 2008.

  1. hamzab macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2008
    #1
    Hi Guys

    Ive been waiting ages to get a New Macbook, but, as like some other people, accept for the GPU, the processor is still, relatively the same

    So, should i fork out the Cash now, or wait till the possible Nehalem upgrade at the end of 2009 (Is it then or is it another date)

    Also, my Cousin is an apple employee and there is no Apple employee discount?
     
  2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
  3. hamzab thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2008
    #3
    Well, If the Nehalem comes out by THIS TIME next year (around November 2009) Then ill get one then, ill probably get one now

    However Im also waiting for My cousin to confirm that his friend can still get an Apple Employee discount (anyone know any news on this)

    Also is there a big differnece in Performence between Penryn and Nehalem?
     
  4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
    #4
    Nehalem is an entirely new CPU architecture. I imagine the gains can be compared to Pentium 4 and Core 2.
     
  5. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

    hogfaninga

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2008
    Location:
    Chestnut Tree Cafe
    #5
    Yes, there will be. That is when I'm plan on upgrading. Plus Snow Leopard will be out also and upgrades to the gen 1 aluminum Macbooks.
     
  6. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

    chrmjenkins

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Location:
    CA
    #6
    It may well be the first half of 2010 before Intel actually releases mobile Nehalem. Just keep that in mind.
     
  7. sk47 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 28, 2008
    #7
    Yep, true. And as you all know, with apple's late adopting trends, I highly doubt nehalem will be in either mb or mbp until mid-late 2010.
     
  8. hamzab thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2008
    #8
    Yeh, I was thinking of getting refurb BlackBook now, and get New Nehalem for November 2009

    However, if their coming out Mid-Late 2010 which is around the time i Start University, (Im in college now, which is Grade 12 to 13 here in the UK) i think i might as well get a new Aluminium Macbook which would easily last me for 2 years and i could probably sell on the bay for a good price as well, then in 2010 i hopefukky get to University and then get a new Nehalem one.

    What do you guys think, is it worth the investment to get Alubook now or get a refurb blackbook? Both need to last me two years
     
  9. lasuther macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2004
    Location:
    Grand Haven, Michigan
    #9
    I agree. Apple has been months behind on releasing updated chips. What I did was buy the MacBook now and I can sell it before the Nehalem MacBooks get released which could be mid 2010. For me, the graphics card is the big deal. Not so much the processor.
     
  10. lasuther macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2004
    Location:
    Grand Haven, Michigan
    #10

    Definitely go with the 2.0 Al MacBook. It's a much better computer than the BlackBook, it will have a significantly higher resale value, and a refurb BlackBook won't be that much cheaper.
     
  11. Laco macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2008
    #11
    sounds good to me. I'm going to use my Macbook until Nehalem comes out myself. Ohh and when choosing between Cambridge and Oxford choose Oxford. That's what I did best decision I ever made.

     
  12. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

    Winter Charm

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2008
    #12
    I am in the same situation you're in... but i dont NEED it RIGHT NOW... so i'm going to wait until Nehalem comes out...

    My advice is that you should do the same unless you absolutely have to have it right NOW!
     
  13. hamzab thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2008
    #13
    I Actually do need one now mate, as i have a crappy computer waiting for me at home and ive raised enough cash (partially from attaining good GCSE results) to get Parts to build a PC (around £800, dont worry im going to the States to get a Mac) but i think its better to get a Macbook
     

Share This Page