Macbook only Left Fan Reading?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ktbubster, Feb 7, 2008.

1. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

So I plugged my macbook into my 22inch monitor and the fan started going wild. The computer doesn't even feel that warm at all... but anyway

I went into the Fan Control program because I had set the fans to go on at a lower temp when I had my macbook pro (to test if the fans were actually working, because it ran so cool and they had never gone on. lol) and i checked the temperatures and i noticed that the left fan was at 6000 rpm approx, but no matter what the RIGHT fan read -1 rpm!!!

Is there something I should reset or do before assuming that the right fan is simply not working at all?

The fans never really went on until I plugged it into the external, so that's why I didn't notice it (i've also only had this particular macbook for about a week.)

It's a 2.2 White SR c2d macbook.

I am going home this weekend so i could bring it into the apple store, but is there something I'm missing before I bother with that?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

3. ktbubster thread starter macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

wow. I am an idiot....

I've taken these apart completely too!

Wow... mods you may close this thread before the laughing commences...:eek::eek::eek::eek: