Macbook only runs on AC power!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rmsdrummer, Apr 19, 2007.

1. rmsdrummer macrumors newbie

hello... i have had my macbook 2ghz c2d , 1gb ram, etc, since october with NO problems whatsoever- until now. i pull my macbook out of my tote to turn on- the screen flashes and goes out. do it again. same thing. i think, battery is dead. i plug it in- boots right up- i pull the AC out- goes out. put ac back in- boots right up- says FULLY CHARGED! battery tester on the back shows all green lights! my battery is fully charged- yet when my macbook suddenly only runs with the cord!! wtf?! any ideas on whats wrong or how to fix it? i love my macbook and reallly dont want to have to replace anything or buy anything or send it in. thanks guys!

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Hi,

Sounds like you simply have a faulty battery to me. Call Applecare and they'll send out a replacement for you :)

3. alexprice macrumors 6502a

Looks like the battery has died. Quite common but mostly of the Rev.A

Call Apple.

4. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

Yep, give Apple a ring and have them **** you a new battery.

5. Guy Incognito macrumors regular

What do you see under the listing for Battery (under Hardware > Power) in System Monitor? I just encountered a similar problem with one of my Rev. A Macbooks. System monitor reported "Battery Installed: No," even though the battery was indeed installed. I took it to a local Apple store this morning; they gave me a new battery.

6. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

the same thing was going on with the MBP's in the apple store when I had my appt 2 weeks ago

7. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Yup, you need a new battery.

My MBP decided to pull this little stunt about 2 weeks ago. There is something quite fishy up with the current MB/MBP batteries as they seem to crap out after 3-6 months of ownership.

I certainly hope Apple gets this sorted as I don't like the idea of a trip to the reseller every 6 months for this.