Macbook or iPad

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Apple Mac Tec, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Apple Mac Tec macrumors newbie

Background: I have a macbook and wish to upgrade to either a newer macbook or an iPad.

Question: I have barely any documents of real worth and was wondering if buying an iPad will allow me to store the documents on it? Also because of iCloud i'm guessing devices like the iPad will be pretty good for documents.

Also the price is attractive. Other than certain applications on the Mac, will I be able to carry out most of my day to day activities on an iPad?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help and time in advance. :)

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you are going to keep your current MacBook or you got another computer, then iPad should be a good option. iPad still requires a computer to be activated (iOS 5 should get rid of this) so it's not a good option as your sole device.

3. DJKEWU macrumors newbie

I have an iPad & I love it. I managed to get through most of school with it & eliminate haulin around my laptop! Print Bureau is a must, allowing me to print my term papers remotely on my home computer, and MobileMe for moving large files.....but, then my Toshiba bit the dust & I got a brand-spanking new MacBook Pro 13' 2011 about a month ago and it is AWESOME :) the iPad cannot fully replace your laptop, but if your just talkin docs, you should be fine....also useful is Logmein, if you would like to remotely access your desktop!

4. Apple Mac Tec thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for both of your replies. I think I'll buy an iPad in the fall, either the iPad 2 or 3 (if released). I reckon I'll keep my current Macbook in case of problems, but keep it stowed away and see how I fare just with the iPad.

Thanks again :D