macbook or macbook pro (both refurbs)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by berlex, Sep 13, 2009.

1. berlex macrumors newbie

2. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

Dude, you should really learn to search these forums for questions that have been answered more times than you could beat a horse with a stick before you got too tired to beat it anymore. Yeah. That many times.

Get the MBP. Here's why:

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Search.

3. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

wow, Corrode, nice attempt at answering the question. not. /scarcasm

@berlex, MBP hands down. Outside they are the same, but look at specs. 4GB memory max vs 8GB memory max. FW800 vs no FW at all. MBP hands down.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

MBP all the way. It has 8 hour battery, FW and the most important thing A LOT better screen! MacBook has only 140MHz faster CPU, that's all

5. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

Hey OH!

6. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

The MBP has a far better display, and far better battery life, however it's not user replaceable. Firewire is only important if you use it. The potential RAM upgrade to 8GB is only important again if you will use it.
    While the macbook has a better processor.
    For me the decision would be between the better processor vs. better display and battery life. (I wouldn't want to deal with spare batteries) I'd get the MBP.

7. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Go for the pro, you wont notice the processor speed plus the MBP can take up to 8GB ram :)

8. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

MBP hands down.

Also the refurb store is GREAT. I ordered my parents an iMac from there and me a new MBP just recently. (I would have loved the 7 hour battery but I'm one of five people out there who use the express card slot : / ).

I'm also about to order a monitor from there :D

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

MBP; as virtually all of the other posters have said, it is a better computer in almost every way, more power, better screen, better battery, and so on.

Cheers and good luck

10. omarjk macrumors regular

Before describing the virtues of the potential of 8GB RAM to prospective buyers you would do well to also inform said purchaser that to take advantage of 8GB s/he would have to shell out half the cost of a new MBP.

FW800 is, however, a much more practical and widespread reason for taking the MBP every time.

11. brendu macrumors 68020

I have the MBP and I agree def get the MBP but please guys dont tell the guy its got an 8 hour batt.. its simply not true, yes it is a better battery but you will NEVER get 8 hours out of it.

12. strausd macrumors 68030

if you do any photography you will enjoy the SD slot

13. strausd macrumors 68030

Actually, if you keep your brightness down, your illuminated keyboard down, stay on the 9400 graphics card, and are just doing light web browsing, you can get 8 hours of battery. I myself have done this and got between 7 and 8, but I was working on a short essay and did more than just web browsing. The main thing to remember when trying to conserve battery power is to keep the brightness down.