MACBOOK or MACBOOK Pro for illustration and Graphic design?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rickboy, May 23, 2008.

1. rickboy macrumors newbie

Just want to ask if i can get away with a MACBOOK or if i need a MACBOOK Pro for illustration and Graphic design? I may use it for animation, but light stuff.

The Programs ill be running more often Are Photoshop CS3 Extended, Illustrator CS3, Indesign CS3.

For Animation Ill be running Flash Pro CS3 and After FX CS3. I probably might use final cut to edit FMV, but its not lenghty stuff

I will also use it to perform as a DJ, using Ableton Live and Serato and will probably use it to produce tracks using pro tools and Reason. Lots of DJ's use Macbooks so Im not too worried about this area.

Finally I have an external 20 inch VGA monitor i will be hooking it up to at home as lots of these apps have lots of palette windows. And I usually use between 2 and 4 software aplications at a time. Cause i always have safari in the backround downloading stuff. I keep my internal harddrive clean and use an external firewire for storage. So the internal one isnt cluttered with crap.

Would a Macbook Suffice or should I buy a Mac Book Pro.

Thanx

2. spacepope5 macrumors newbie

spacepope5

I'd go for the MacBook Pro

you will get a better faster and better looking computer with the MacBook Pro. It is worth the extra cash. I bought my MacBook Pro about one and a half years ago and regular MacBooks are just now getting the same ram as me. I don't know about illustration and Graphic design but I use mine for video editing and it has been more than needed.