MacBook or MacBook Pro - Yet again!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tuding, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Tuding macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Yet again this is another post about either buying the Macbook or Macbook Pro! As this would be my first Apple laptop i'm semi-clueless the only experience i have is with a Powerbook at work and school!

I'll mainly use the laptop away from home in libraries and such and the main applications i'll be using are Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.

I won't really use the laptop to game but mainly to design 2D work.

So i was wondering if the Macbook would be able to handle them 3 applications and if the 13" screen would be sufficient for design away from home!

Portability is a issue as i'll want to be able to carry the laptop around easily! So i'm currently only considering the 13" MB and 15" MBP.

Thanks!

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

This isn't intended to be harsh, but you should search the forums for this topic and look into the responses of other people.

Your questions are quite common, and it is upto the individual to decide what works best for them. If you plan on doing lots of graphics intensive work, the MBP is obviously going to have more graphics HP for you.

3. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

i prefer the macbook because of its great portability...i dn't think the screen is small at all....and yes it would be able 2 handle 3apps