macbook or macbook pro????

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sparco016, Mar 29, 2008.

1. sparco016 macrumors newbie

sparco016

i currently have an ibook g4 and have had it for about 3-4 years and soon i will be buying a new laptop. But the hard thing is what i want to get either the new upgraded macbook or macbook pro.i have lots of music,pictures,and videos and alot of apps.It seems to me that my computer is getting slower and slower, i am surprised that my laptop hasn't crashed yet. so if you could just give me some help on what i should get, that would be really helpful thanks:D

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Lots of other threads about this already. See what people have already spent time saying. Your are not being clear enough. What exactly will you be using the computer for? If you need more power, go MBP, if you just surf the web, ichat, music, and fool around, MB will work. Even light editing use will be fine with a MB, but if your serious, go MBP.

3. tonie macrumors 6502

pro if you have the money because imo, macbooks are ****** quality. mine falls apart and i take care of my stuff.

4. sparco016 thread starter macrumors newbie

sparco016

i pretty much use the computer for gaming and some video editing,but not alot.

5. bradbowl macrumors member

If you can afford it, go for the entry level MBP. You get a lot of nice features over the MB like the beautiful LED display, multi-touch trackpad, Nvidia graphics card, etc. etc. If it's too pricey, then get the middle macbook. If you need extra screen real estate you can always get an external display.

6. uglyjerk macrumors newbie

It depends on how you will use it. If it is for personal thing, such as surfing internet, blogs, word document etc... go for MacBook.
    But if you into hard core usage, extreme games, designing, movie and audio editing, etc... go for MacBook Pro.

7. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

What is your budget? If you can afford it, get the MBP. You won't regret it. :)