MacBook or Macbook pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dionysaki, Aug 16, 2008.

1. dionysaki macrumors newbie

So, I'm torn between a MBook or a MBook Pro as my next machine. I currently have a 2.4Ghz, 2GB SDRAM MacBook, which has served me decently over the last 18 months, but I need to give mine to my mother and get another machine. My only complaint is that when I run statistical analysis software in Parallels with XP, I get really slow performance and even lock up sometimes. So, would it be worth my time to get a 2.5Ghz, 4GD SDRAM MBook Pro? Or would I not see a damn difference b/w that and my current configuration. Other than that, what else would I expect from a Pro except the aluminum case?

Thanks so much!

2. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

mainly its gonna be the dedicated graphics card...

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Not trying to shut you down... but there are a lot of threads on this already

You can use MRoogle to search and you will probably find tons of information that you will find helpful.

Just a thought

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. Mr. B macrumors regular

also running bootcamp will increase the speed and usually stability of whatever windows programs you are working in and on.

5. TSE macrumors 68030

If 2 GBs of RAM wasn't good enough for the software you were running with the virtual machine I would get 4 GBs with whatever machine you get. Just don't buy the RAM from Apple! Buy it from a third party and install it yourself. Much cheaper.