Macbook or Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by abz786, Sep 6, 2008.

  1. abz786 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2007
    Location:
    Alberta, Canada
    #1
    k so i got a macbook right now
    and wanting a macbook pro, for the esthetics, want the bigger screen size, like the keyboard better etc. overall i would like a macbook pro over my current macbook

    now thing is i am willing to sell my macbook right now, but is this the right time to buy? apple has the back to school sale on, where u buy a mac you get a free ipod touch, does this mean when i buy my mac say sept 11, ill get the new ipod touch if its announced?

    do you guys think a new macbook pro will come out sept 9? or not till sometime in october??

    lemme know what you guys think

    thx
     
  2. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

    hellomoto4

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    Location:
    Australia
    #2
    Well MacRumors BuyersGuide (http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/) is recommending not to buy Macbook Pro's at this time because an update is expected soon.

    If I were you I would wait a month or so, and see if anything new is released because currently rumors are pointing towards updates.

    As for selling your Macbook, if a newer one is released it's value will most probably drop dramatically, so keeping it would be a bit of a gamble. But it's your choice as to when you want to sell it.
     
  3. rychencop macrumors 65816

    rychencop

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    http://www.northaugusta.net/
    #3
    it does not sound like this is going to be a mb/mbp announcement. if it's not i would not look for them until the first of the year. if you need/want a mbp now then get one. as far as the ipod deal, if they announce a new touch on the 9th and you order yours on the 11th, then it should be the new one. if it's not then you could make a call or go to an apple store and exchange it.
     
  4. nidserz macrumors 6502a

    nidserz

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2008
    Location:
    Dubai x Toronto
    #4
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

    acually I think the back to school deal applies to specific models (so new ones are not included)... To my knowledge this is how it has worked in the past...
     
  5. panzer06 macrumors 68030

    panzer06

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2006
    Location:
    Kilrath
    #5
    You could sell the MB now while it has good value and buy an inexpensive used MBP 2.16 or 2.33 to hold you over until the new machines are available.

    Cheers,
     
  6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

    Scepticalscribe

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Location:
    The Far Horizon
    #6
    Agree, or you could do as panzer06 suggests, and wait until the updates come out, when a MBP refurb might be the answer as they have been rigorously tested, are the most recent but one of the model lineup, come with the benefit of the Apple warranty (with the possibility of including Applecare should you feel you need it) and have a generous discount.
    Cheers
     
  7. abz786 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2007
    Location:
    Alberta, Canada
    #7
    thanks guys
    im still content on selling it
    and hoping that a new one comes out soon
    or i might just buy a current line of macbook pro
    there still good!
     
  8. panzer06 macrumors 68030

    panzer06

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2006
    Location:
    Kilrath
    #8
    Well... there is that slight uncertainty about the nvidia GPU in the current models... even though its supposed to be fixed ... many people are not so sure.
     

Share This Page