Macbook or Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by derek1984, Nov 18, 2008.

1. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

Whenever Apple makes their first revision to their laptops, I will be buying one. The problem is right now, I don't know which one to get. I will either purchase a 2.4 4gb ram Macbook or a Macbook Pro with 2gb ram. While I like the fact that the Macbook will be cheaper, a size that is more portable, and 4gb ram, I don't like the fact that screen quality isn't as good as the Pro. I basically will be using my laptop for web browsing, watching DVD's, and Logic Express 8. I am not much into gaming. With that being said, what would be better for me? A 2.4 4gb Macbook or a Macbook Pro with 2gb ram? Is there any chance that Apple could in the future upgrade their Macbook screens? I know they get them from different companies. Which brand do most people seem to like so far and can you request a certain brand's screen or is it just random luck of the draw? Thanks guys

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

From what you said you will be using it for (web browsing, watching DVD's, and Logic Express 8), it doesn't look like the screen "quality" will make a difference to you. Now, if you were a photographer or worked in graphics design, then yes, the screen "quality" would make a difference.

I think the Macbook would suit your needs based on what you said you are using it for. If the bigger screen, better graphics cards and firewire port make a difference to you, then you will probably want to go with the Macbook Pro.

3. derek1984 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, right now I think I am leaning more towards the Macbook than the Pro..

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Take a couple of your favorite DVD's and get thee to an apple store (or a best buy). If you'll be doing a lot of movie watching on it, the MB screen may be a turn off with its deficiency to display dark colors.