Macbook or Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by da meat tree, Jan 15, 2009.

1. da meat tree macrumors member

Hey, I'm a high school student that does alot of video editing, and alot of after effects work as well as photoshop and audio editing.

I was wondering what the difference between rendering videos with the Macbook was vs. the macbook pro. Also, the performance in games such as Left 4 Dead and TF2 between the two as well. Screen size doesn't really matter for me because I will be using an external display. I am also planning to carry the laptop around with me alot.

Thanks

2. EmperorDarius macrumors 6502a

The MacBook Pro. Features which will aid are:

-9600M GPU (Photoshop and video editing apps will need it)
    -HDD @7200prm
    -2.8GHz Processor (the 0.4 difference decreases noticeably rendering times)

Just get a 15" MBP (since you're planning to carry it a lot) with the specs above and 4GB of RAM and it'll be perfect.

3. stevo8 macrumors 6502

I believe with the pro having a dedicated graphic card you should notice a decent amount of a difference. If price isnt a big issue go pro.

4. da meat tree thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so far, one more question.

Is it possible for me to hook up 2 external monitors to the MBP? Both through DVI

5. da meat tree thread starter macrumors member

I have 2 monitors, 1 2243BW Samsung which is connected to my computer through DVI, and a 19" acer which is connected through dvi, is there anyway to connect both to the macbook through the mini display port?

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

7. LionsKiss macrumors member

There is an add-on you can buy to do that.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/solutions/mac/

[​IMG]

It requires DVI connection.

Edit:Just so you know. This makes your laptop into see a very wide resolution, which then gets divided into two/three screens.

[​IMG]

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well if you use Adobe Premiere, you'll find the GPU in the MBP to be of use.