Macbook or Macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gothamm, Apr 12, 2010.

1. gothamm macrumors 6502a

Hi guys, I am going to buy a Laptop today at the apple store, in about a couple of hours. Should i buy the macbook or macbook pro? which one is better?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

MacBook Pro 17" with 256GB SSD and the 3.06GHz CPU and also 8GB of RAM.

Or don't you think that the purchase might be dependent on your needs?

If you use MRoogle you will find dozens of threads titled "MacBook or MacBook Pro" and many of them have something in common: the needs of the OP are stated.

3. Komodo Rogue macrumors newbie

I don't know if you really care about the latest and greatest technology but it's generally believed that newer, updated macbook pros will be released in the coming days. If you go with the macbook pro then it may be better to hold off for a little while; even if you don't buy the newer models you may find a good deal on the "older" model once it's replaced.

That said, I personally think that the 13" MBP is a better deal than the macbook, but they're pretty similar internally. I just like the Pro's aluminum casing. Just go to the store and see which casing you prefer, and decide if you need the SD card reader on the pro.

...or use Google dude ;)

4. Komodo Rogue macrumors newbie

Yeah, and in fact just go to apple.com and compare 'em right there and see what you need.

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I am anxiously waiting for tomorrow to see what/if the new hardware turns out to be. I have not yet decided MB or MBP. I want the backlit keyboard, but a refurb MB with a $100 (4GB) RAM upgrade is still cheaper.

Decisions....decisions.....:confused::confused:

6. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Get the pro. I believe the pro also has a better display but you should compare them yourself.

7. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

+1