MacBook or PRO or.. (VAIO - joking) (fix'd)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ShadiWulf, Aug 9, 2007.

1. ShadiWulf macrumors newbie

Im 17 and going into my senior year of high school and am starting a real job in october hopefully.

Heres what I would like to do on it
    - Triple Boot, Windows XP/Vista maybe, MAC OS X, Linux
    - Browse web ( duh XD everyone does that now )
    - Run Beryl in linux, saw videos on youtube and it looks like it runs great on a macbook

- It would be cool to play Phantasy Star Universe away from home but its not needed, heres the specs required (minimum)
    Windows XP(SP2) or later, Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz, 256 MB Ram, 64 MB Video Ram, 9+ GB Free Space, DVD DL Drive

- Run GIMP, or other programs like it.

- Something I can carry around with ease and is durable, plan to use it for college

- AND of course to type papers and stuff, will probably use open office.

- Watch movies, save pics, listen to music, etc

am eyeing the 2nd base model with the 2.16 Ghz, 1 GB Ram, 120 GB HDD, will upgrade to 2 GB from RAM i buy off newegg after doing my research after saying WTF to the +150 dollars for 2 GB Ram

- Only thing I dont like about the MacBook is the GMA 950, ProBook is so expensive, and then I saw this VAIO for the price of a macbook and powerful as a probook, but I really want a macbook so im just gonna pretend I never saw it.

If you saw my post yesterday im sorry about that, i was tired... xD

2. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

well.... this is an apple forum....

macbook.

that is all.

Ok, so that isn't all. Just a few things to consider...

The macbook's footprint isn't THAT much smaller then the MBP, there are quite a few threads on that you could search for.

Macbook is more durable (although I love my macbook pro, haven't had any damage problems with normal use and wouldn't change it for anything in the world)

IF you can find a macbook pro CD around, (which is what I have) you could find one for about 1100 or so if you are interested in the macbook pro for the video card problem.

Macbook is a good little computer. Windows and OSX and Linux, and they are just so damn sexy... you won't wanna go back :p If you think the screen is ok, and aren't going to be doing any intensive gaming, you should be fine.

Goodluck with your decision! Apple is hoping you join us :) lol ;)

3. ShadiWulf thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, ill think about that, really wanted to get a Core 2 duo system, and playing games on it isnt THAT important to me. Oh and updated first post from yesterdays rant to actually make sense.