Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
hey! well i am pc user who has been waiting to change to mac for a while. since june i decided to wait to see how this switch tured out and it look's pretty good. i like the specs on the new macbook's.. but size is a thing for me? can i bring this one around easy and everything? i would be bring it to all my classes and stuff so what should i do get this or wait a little and see if they make a smaller one? what do u think?

law guy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2003
Western Massachusetts
john86 said:
hey! well i am pc user who has been waiting to change to mac for a while. since june i decided to wait to see how this switch tured out and it look's pretty good. i like the specs on the new macbook's.. but size is a thing for me? can i bring this one around easy and everything? i would be bring it to all my classes and stuff so what should i do get this or wait a little and see if they make a smaller one? what do u think?

John - the new macbook is going to be similar in size to the current 15" macbook - go to an Apple Store or your campus bookstore if they have demos and check out the current G4 15" to see how the size works for you. I think the 15" is very portable and the new macbook will be a wee bit thinner.
Also, it's not known when we'll see a little brother to the 15". You might wait a few months for a smaller macbook - then again, you might not. The (relative) certainty of the timing of the 15" certainly is something of a plus in its column.

Good luck with your decision.

LG

john86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
thanks

Hey thanks for the quick reply. Yea, i am going to go check out the 15 inch a couple of my friends have them and there not to bad, i am going to see if i can get one of theres for the day and carry it around and see how it feels...i just want to make sure i get the one that fits me..

Thanks a bunch,
John

law guy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2003
Western Massachusetts
john86 said:
Hey thanks for the quick reply. Yea, i am going to go check out the 15 inch a couple of my friends have them and there not to bad, i am going to see if i can get one of theres for the day and carry it around and see how it feels...i just want to make sure i get the one that fits me..

Thanks a bunch,
John

A good bag / case helps - I keep mine in a timbuk2 bag (http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/retail/catalog.htm?categoryId=2) and as I mentioned, find the 15" to be quite portable.

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
As far as seeing if it fits you, I think I can comment a little bit. I'm a big guy (6'2") and I carry around my 15" PB in a booq bag backpack. The PB is by no means unwieldy, but I can always tell I have a laptop on my back. I consider this good though, because it keeps me from throwing the backpack.

john86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
hmm

hmmm yea i am 6'1 and that sounds like a very good reason i would not want to forget it is in there and just drop my bag :S.. i was looking at my friends 15 inch today and i like it, i am stil deciding though :).. thanks again

john

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.