Macbook or?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by scoke, Dec 5, 2008.

1. scoke macrumors newbie

I'm going to be starting school in January for graphic design and I'll be buying a mac to assist me. My only wonder is, would the new macbook be enough to handle a graphic design course or would the macbook pro be more suitable?

2. scoke thread starter macrumors newbie

3. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

The Macbook would be fine. I'm in the same course and the small size and power is way beyond what I really need.

I would recommend to upgrade the ram to 4GB, and to get good a monitor, for colours accuracy, if you don't have iMacs at your school like mine.

4. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

You can get by with the Macbook, but the Macbook Pro is definitely recommended. A good friend of mine attends a specialized art school where Mac computers are mandatory. The school recommends the Macbook Pro for everything (even 2D graphic design). Keep in mind that you will need the computer for at least 3/4 years and you will probably be installing new software as it comes out... for this reason alone, I would recommend the MBP.

5. scoke thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

Thanks for the replies, sounds like I might just go mbp and the price isn't too big of an issue for me.