Macbook OS installation

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by zerth, Mar 31, 2015.

1. zerth macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have the same problem I had with my Macbook I had in 2008.

Now the problem is with my new macbook air from 2013.

The magsafe connecter doesn't work properly, battery doesn't charge, and so on... I had this problem before and I know it's not a battery problem...

Anyways I tried everything to solve the problem until I tried the last option, erasing all data (backing up important files on an external disk.) Right now. I try to reinstall the original OS that came with the macbook (I guess it should be Mavericks. Now it's been 3 hours I am stuck on this page!).

It get's me crazy, now I can't even access my mac os?! I can't reinstall anything, this is madness?

Does anyone know how I could solve it? My wifi connection works perfectly and the code is exact (tried it many different times), it just stays stuck!!!!

The photo isn't very clear but it shows a internet provider and a password entered and my macbook just waiting waiting and waiting to connect....

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Same weird problem happening to you twice, that gotta be YOU.

3. zerth thread starter macrumors newbie

Probably , yes. It probably has something to do with the way I use my MacBook, no idea what it would be. I take care of my macbook.

This is my 3d macbook (my 2nd macbook air and it happened with 2 of those MacBooks).

Nevertheless, I did some research on the internet and I found out I'm not the only one with this problem. So it's not THAT uncommon.

I'm now reinstalling Mountain Lion (it finally worked by connecting to a wifi connection that didn't require a password, very weird that this doesn't work with a wifi connection that required a password).

Anyways, I'm very sceptical about the outcome since I think it's a hardware problem and not a software problem (it didn't work out with my 2008 macbook either). The only thing I can do is trying.

4. Airboy1466 macrumors regular

Airboy1466

Im having a similar problem with my 2015 I’m sending it in for repair have you tried doing the apple hardware test shut down system press power button then immediately hold down the D key until you see spinning globe follow on screen instructions after that