Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sergioagrelo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
Hi, all. I am a new mac user. I bought a macbook pro a couple months ago and it is giving me trouble. Sometime it just FREEZES and nothing respond. Just the mouse cursor but nothing else, not even the apple logo to shut the laptop down. That happens when i using very simple applications, like Firefox, Office 2008, etc. I have to use the power bottom to restart the laptop again.

That worries me because it does not happen to my since old times when I had my first PC with Windows 98. It did not happen to me neither on XP nor Vista.
Any suggestion will be great and helpful. Thank you!

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
Hi, all. I am a new mac user. I bought a macbook pro a couple months ago and it is giving me trouble. Sometime it just FREEZES and nothing respond. Just the mouse cursor but nothing else, not even the apple logo to shut the laptop down. That happens when i using very simple applications, like Firefox, Office 2008, etc. I have to use the power bottom to restart the laptop again.

That worries me because it does not happen to my since old times when I had my first PC with Windows 98. It did not happen to me neither on XP nor Vista.
Any suggestion will be great and helpful. Thank you!

It is probably due to the application you are running. Remember Snow Leopard is still getting patched all the time so some apps can do that. Just right click on the programs icon in the dock and "force quit", if force quit isn't an option then hold the alt/option key and then right click the icon.
If you can't do that just option+tab to the finder icon, then click the apple logo in your task bar, then force quit
from there.

Attachments

• screen-capture.png
    screen-capture.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 127
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.