Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

austaz1975

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
hi guys, i have a macbook os x. i m a new user. i m trying to download stuff from mininova for my mac, but my mac is unable to open any application. i m looking for different software , i tried using torrent but may macbook is not opening any software. any clues?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
1. What software are you downloading?
2. Is it the Mac version?

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
You need a torrent client such as Transmission which was previously mentioned. I hope it's legal material. It's always funny when people try and pirate, and yet they need help doing it.

austaz1975

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
mac os x 10.4.11

hi aaron,
thanks for the reply. let me tell u first that i m very new to macbook. all i have on my macbook is iphoto, word excel , safari, itune. now i want to copy some dvd, photos, rip and burn movies and music from other sources such as cd's and dvd's, plus my lecture notes which are in keynote application. i have tried to download few software from website moninova.org but my macbook can not open any software , it says that such n such application can not be opened as it is not supported. none of the software is supported by my mac. i downloaded toast 8, liquid cd , simply burn, handbrake which r all mac supported softwares, but my mac book can not open any software, what shud i do, cud u plz help me?thanks austaz
You need a torrent client such as Transmission which was previously mentioned. I hope it's legal material. It's always funny when people try and pirate, and yet they need help doing it.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Transmission is an application that will download the torrents

You apparently are able to download the software, so that is not your problem

1. Are you buying this software you are downloading? Toast, etc. If not, you will not find support for illegal downloads here.

2. You need to make sure you have the Mac version of the software and that it is compatible with Tiger (10.4)

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

austaz1975

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
macbook os x 10.4.11

hi there, thanks for the reply. now...u r right , my computer is downloading the softwares but my mac book can not open any of these softwares. all these softwares end with .torrent from mininova website. i just tried to download free transmission too but again , my macbook is saying that it cud not open application "transmission.mininova.torrent".
have you got any suggestion as where shud i start from?i mean where can i find software which can be opened by my macbook. last night i tried to copy a movie for my friend but i cud not, though my macbook has got a dvd burner. don't know what to do? austaz

1. Are you buying this software you are downloading? Toast, etc. If not, you will not find support for illegal downloads here.

2. You need to make sure you have the Mac version of the software and that it is compatible with Tiger (10.4)

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

austaz1975

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
macbook os x 10.4.11

hi, cud you plz also suggest any software which i can buy or download to burn and copy any dvd's or movies? thanks.austaz

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
hi there, thanks for the reply. now...u r right , my computer is downloading the softwares but my mac book can not open any of these softwares. all these softwares end with .torrent from mininova website. i just tried to download free transmission too but again , my macbook is saying that it cud not open application "transmission.mininova.torrent".
have you got any suggestion as where shud i start from?i mean where can i find software which can be opened by my macbook. last night i tried to copy a movie for my friend but i cud not, though my macbook has got a dvd burner. don't know what to do? austaz

hi, cud you plz also suggest any software which i can buy or download to burn and copy any dvd's or movies? thanks.austaz

You are only getting the torrent files... not the software
I will not judge, but it appears you are attempting to download software you are not paying for... so I will not discuss how to do this

For DVD/CD burning, you might want to try Toast

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.