MacBook Palm Guard Recommendations?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by stephen1108, Jan 23, 2016.

1. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Hey y'all! I just got a Space Gray rMB 12" and I was wondering if y'all have any palm-rest guard/covers to recommend.

The main reason why I wanna get one is I tend to wear watches while working (with metal bands) and I don't want to scratch the surface of the palm rest.

http://www.amazon.com/CaseBuy®-Trackpad-Protector-Macbook-Display/dp/B00XBHW728/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1453599111&sr=1-2&keywords=macbook+12+inch+palm

I was looking at this one, but my biggest thing is once the guard is removed, will it change the color of the MacBook in anyway? I did see on here about some people removing stickers and the colors changing so I'd like to avoid that. The whole purpose of the skin is to avoid damaging the computer lol. I'm not interested in covering the trackpad btw, just the area where my palms rest.

Thanks for any input guys!

2. Dunbar macrumors 6502a

I have the Moshi guard on my 2011 13" MBA since new (4+ years) and it still looks great with no visible wear and tear. Color-wise it matches very well with my silver MBA but I have no personal experience with space gray.

3. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

I purchased and installed a Moshi guard on my 2012 15" rMBP for exactly the reason you stated. I was worried about my Milanese band getting scratched or scratching up my rMBP. It solves the issue perfectly.