Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryanc28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Arlington, Va
On my second macbook and notice a difference in this one as opposed to the first one (although in all fairness i didn't use my first one all that much as i had to return it because of bad vibrations). I have no programs running and all I'm doing is lightly browsing the web (craigslist, macrumors, gamefaqs). My temps are 42C and approx. 1801rpm. I think this is normal, but my palmrest really warms up. Not to the point I can not use the notebook...just wondering if this is normal...

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Those temps are normal, but is the palmrest heat above the battery side or the hard drive side?

If the battery side, any noticeable bulging/heat on the underside of the unit or other signs of battery failure?

bryanc28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Arlington, Va
Those temps are normal, but is the palmrest heat above the battery side or the hard drive side?

If the battery side, any noticeable bulging/heat on the underside of the unit or other signs of battery failure?

Nope, no warm feeling on the battery side (or I should say no warmness on the left palm rest, just on the right sided palm rest).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.