macbook panel model number

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by haoqfu, Dec 3, 2008.

1. haoqfu macrumors regular

guys, i know this is a stupid question. but i just bought a new macbook today, and i'd like to calibrate the color profile a bit. how do you guys find the panel model number of the macbook, and what is the best profile for the panel?

thanks very much

2. haoqfu thread starter macrumors regular

i got it, mine is 9c8c. is it a good screen compared to other models? if not, is there any color profile to improve it?

3. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

They are all the same, I had both the 8c and 89. Both screen have bad viewing angles and horrible black levels (try watching a full screen movie in a dark room).

Check this thread for some custom profiles :

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=588431&highlight=calibration

I use JC Display, I think that is the best one.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Some have reported bad screens on all panel models. Likewise, others think they are perfectly fine, again regardless of the panel models.

I don't think there is a unified answer to your question.

One thing for sure, no color profiles can turn the MB screen looking like the MBA/MBP screens. You either live with it, or get the MBP next.

5. haoqfu thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys. i definitely noticed that the screen is much inferior to macbook air's display (which i returned b/c of the short battery life & overheat bottom). i guess i m not that picky at this point of time. but if macbook air comes with a bettery life in the later revision, i might still go with air.