Macbook Part Warranty

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by joemolomo, Feb 12, 2009.

1. joemolomo macrumors member

Hi my macbook is mid 2007, and like a previous post, my hairline crack has now cracked off around the right side front edge just above the sleep LED. Now the part that cracked is actually a part that was replaced only 6 or so months ago, so my question is do parts replaced carry their own warranty? If so am I only covered for the part and not the install

Thanks

Joe

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

In the UK the repair carries a 90 day warranty - it states that on the receipt.

Take it back to whoever did the repair and see what happens - not unusual for Apple to replace topcases out of warranty - especially if the topcase is only 6 months old.

3. MacOCD macrumors regular

Yeah... those hair line cracks happen on about every single macbook... my friends, mine, my moms, most macbooks i have seen get these, i say just get some super glue and glue it back on... they will need to ship it to the apple factory to replace the top, and it will just be a waste of time, unless the white is very dirty and u want a new one and have warrenty why the hell not.