macbook payment

ebd.i.am

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
431
0
Sacramento, CA
i bought a refurb macbook and im wondering when does apple withdraw the money for payment?
its been several days and they still havn't.
maybe its different for refurbs?
i ordered it on sept 21 and (est) ship is oct 5, (est) delivery is oct 10.
 

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
2,104
5
ebd.i.am said:
i bought a refurb macbook and im wondering when does apple withdraw the money for payment?
its been several days and they still havn't.
maybe its different for refurbs?
i ordered it on sept 21 and (est) ship is oct 5, (est) delivery is oct 10.
They will not charge until it ships. Even then sometimes its 7-10 days before the charge appears on your statement. I saw the charge for my MBP 4 days after it shipped.

Ed
 

ebd.i.am

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
431
0
Sacramento, CA
Ed H said:
They will not charge until it ships. Even then sometimes its 7-10 days before the charge appears on your statement. I saw the charge for my MBP 4 days after it shipped.

Ed
alright kool thanks !
 

pacs

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2006
10
0
Does that explain this?

Ed H said:
They will not charge until it ships. Even then sometimes its 7-10 days before the charge appears on your statement. I saw the charge for my MBP 4 days after it shipped.

Ed
Hi guys - just wandering if this is the same thing as you describe:

Last Monday I ordered a new Ipod Nano from the Apple Store ONLINE. The order was authorised and processed that evening, and the iPod was dispatched to me on the Wednesday and received on the Thursday.

My concern now is that during last week, when using my credit cards online servicing website, I could see that there was a pending transaction for £129 (presumably the authorised amount) and all was well. However, now when I log into my credit cards servicing website, the pending transaction has disappeared and I don't seem to have been charged. I have now received an email invoice from Apple stating that the invoice has been paid by credit card.

Is this normal? Anything to worry about? Is it just that in a few days they will actually re-charge my card for the final amount?

Many thanks for your help,

Its probably a stupid question but I thought it best to check!
 

bushfrog

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2006
42
0
I have ordered a macbook on fri 15th.... they took my money as pending when i placed my order ,,, then on friday they put it back in.... no money has been taken and the macbook has started shipping (on sat) from china to me in the UK.... Im not complaining but its very strange!
I called and they said money had been taken out when it started shipping but it clearly hasnt ... hmmm
 

pacs

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2006
10
0
At least I'm not alone then...

bushfrog said:
I have ordered a macbook on fri 15th.... they took my money as pending when i placed my order ,,, then on friday they put it back in.... no money has been taken and the macbook has started shipping (on sat) from china to me in the UK.... Im not complaining but its very strange!
I called and they said money had been taken out when it started shipping but it clearly hasnt ... hmmm
At least I'm not alone then. I believe that pending transactions are removed after 5-7 days by your bank if the money is not actually taken, which is what I assume has happened to both of us. The previous post above says that Apple charge you when the goods ship and that it may take 7-10 days to appear on your statement, what I want to know is should this appear as a pending transaction again, or will it just suddenly appear as a completed transaction?

Any ideas anyone?
 

kalun

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2006
154
0
pacs said:
At least I'm not alone then. I believe that pending transactions are removed after 5-7 days by your bank if the money is not actually taken, which is what I assume has happened to both of us. The previous post above says that Apple charge you when the goods ship and that it may take 7-10 days to appear on your statement, what I want to know is should this appear as a pending transaction again, or will it just suddenly appear as a completed transaction?

Any ideas anyone?
I live in Japan, so I order my laptop online and pay at a convience store...:p
 

pacs

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2006
10
0
So has anyone else experienced this when paying through Apple's online store?

As of yet, still nothing on my statement. I'm assuming from the post above regarding the 7-10 days that this is normal?
 

Aviator

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2006
9
0
Pennsylvania
I just got a MB here's my situation

Ordered on a thursday, got charged one dollar that night.
Shipped friday, got a charge for approx 1200 USD then the remainder about 8 hours later. My card got shut down for suspicion of fraudulent activity, so I called the card security company and the rep on the phone told me that apple is always like this, sometimes three or four charges amounting to the total, and over various times.

As for the 129 pounds, I can't imagine apple would ship it without getting your money first. There is prob a lag time at the credit card company for processing.
 

ebd.i.am

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
431
0
Sacramento, CA
wow.

its been 6days since i ordered, today i get a email saying my item is shipped today wednesday 27th and estimated delivery date is friady 29th ! WOOT !

their first estimation of me receiving my notebook oct 10th was way off ! thank god :D