Macbook(Penryn) compatible DDR2 800 RAM?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wblb, Sep 16, 2008.

1. wblb macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I live in a very odd country where sometimes your needed hardware is everywhere and sometimes it becomes impossible to find it anywhere!
    SODIMM RAMs are in the same situation now. I have a Macbook(Early 2008, Penryn) 2.4 ghz with 2GB RAM.
    I want to take out its current memory modules and add two new 2GB matched modules. My problem is I cant find any quality 2GB SODIMM DDR2 667 RAMs in my country. Every shop I searched for Micron/Crucial and OCZ they had DDR2 800 modules!
    As it is written in macrumors guides Penryn Macbooks and MacBook Pros are known to be incompatible with most DDR2 800 modules. So here comes my questions:
    1- Are there any penryn compatible DDR2 800 modules made by Micron, Crucial or OCZ?
    2- Are there any other good quality brands for DDR2 667 modules that I should search for? Most kingstone modules are fake here and there is no OWC in my country.

2. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

What country do you live in? My opinion is to insist on going with the 667MHz as that's whats been proven to be compatible. With that said, I'd try places like eBay. You mentioned that there is no OWC in your country but a quick check of the OWC Website shows that they do ship internationally. Here's a quote from their FAQs regarding international shipping verification:

What can I do to help release my order from Verify CC or International Verify?

If you are an international customer: (Your billing address is outside of the US)

Some international banks participate in the international verification system, some do not. Please feel free to pre-emptively fill out the International Verification Form as if we cannot verify that information with your bank we will need the form either emailed to us at orderproc@macsales.com or faxed through our secure fax line at (815) 337-8208.

In most cases there is no need to take any action. Your order will be reviewed and if we need any further clarification you will be contacted.

k, now get rammed up! :)

3. sangosimo Guest

sangosimo

1.) yes but they won't run at that speed.
    2.) mushkin and corsair

4. wblb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot both of you :)
    I finally found two 2GB DDR2 667 OCZ modules(OCZ2MV6672GK) in two different stores! I can confirm it has worked normally for about 24 hours and have passed memtest tests successfully!
    Thanks again.