Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackburn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
Where Judas lost it's boots.
So I gave up on arrendale, and toke the plunge and bough a brand new white macbook:D
but there's some things that worry me:

1- The super drive does funny noises when i turn the computer on, but works fine
2- The magsafe plug heats up a lot when charging, and the charger also heats up alot
3- The sound has a lot of bass
4- The bottom part of the case when removed isn't flat, but when screwed on I don't notice anything.
5- And I had the dock crashing 2 times on me. on my hackintosh it never crashed

Is there any reason to worry? It works fine:apple:

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen

1- The super drive does funny noises when i turn the computer on, but works fine

That's normal, the system checks for any optical media inserted in the drive. There should be a firmware update, check Software Update and see if it shows up.

2- The magsafe plug heats up a lot when charging, and the charger also heats up alot

There has to be some kind of heat radiation, as there is a current flowing inside and the charger has to down convert the amperage and potential.

With what application? iTunes and VLC have equalizers built in.

4- The bottom part of the case when removed isn't flat, but when screwed on I don't notice anything.

Cosmetic issue, no need to worry.

That may happen, but I don't know why. Mine hasn't crashed in weeks, and if it does, it quickly restarts.
You can try repairing permissions and see if that helps or delete Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences / com.apple.dock.plist. It gets rebuild automatically.

blackburn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
I'm using iTunes and I have the eq disabled. But the sound is kinda weird.

The dock after a restart stopped crashing :D

The only issue left is the audio, it sounds way to processed, when I get home I will try and use the creative xmod to see if there's any difference.

Thanks for the help:cool:

sml238

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2010
hmm i havent had any of those problems with my white macbook. but to be honest there should be no issues with the hardware/software as they use the same hardware as the mbps...

the only issues should be cosmetic depending on the person. unless you got a faulty mac or unless you somehow ****ed something up

blackburn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
I've found the problem :D
If you plug those apple crappy ibuds that come with the ipod shuffle the sound get processed somehow, but if you use an 3,5mm extension with the same headphones they sound normal. Guess that 4rd pin for the controls makes the computer sound different:eek:

Well problems solved thanks :cool: now back to my decent sen cans:D

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
The magsafe plug shouldn't heat up. You might want to see if you can exchange the macbook for a new one.

I also never had the dock crash on me, but I havn't installed much except for office.

So I gave up on arrendale, and toke the plunge and bough a brand new white macbook:D
but there's some things that worry me:

Is there any reason to worry? It works fine:apple:

blackburn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
When charging from 0 to about 60% it heat's up and I can't hold my finger on it. But after it charges it only gets warm. The superdrive is now making funnier noises, loads the dvd tries to read it and then makes the loading noise again and then reads it. noisy superdrive. And the macbook doesn't sit on flat desk it wobbles on the left corner of the palm rest. What a big lemon:mad:

edit: I've removed the lower casing it was pretty bended, I've bended it back to shape, no more woble. The mag safe board wasn't correctly assembled now I've solved the problem, it wasn't properly screwed in place. I'm kinda disappointed with the quality control at apple. But hey it's the first bad apple I've got and now it's fixed. Thanks everyone. Now I'm going to enjoy my macbook:D

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
I still recommend trading it in for a new one. Those 2 problems might be the start of many problems. Maybe someone dropped your macbook on the floor before you bought it at the store?

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
I still recommend trading it in for a new one. Those 2 problems might be the start of many problems. Maybe someone dropped your macbook on the floor before you bought it at the store?

considering what the OP said, it is likely to be just errors/laziness in the manufacture process.

I would still get an exchange though.

blackburn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
I have 2 years of warranty, in my country they are forced to give 2 years of warranty so if it breaks they have to fix it. I think it's apple's laziness because the box was factory sealed and no marks from dropping. I didn't return it because it's a pain in the ass to have it returned.. Now the only thing that is not properly working is the volume setting that when I plug my headphones it gets really loud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.