macbook "pops"

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mikalh78, Nov 11, 2008.

1. mikalh78 macrumors regular

so has this happened to anyone here: after opening the laptop from sleep I hear a "pop" come from the back, i looked at the top from the back as i opened it and the popping noise happens when the Apple logo lights up.

anyone else have this weirdness? (btw) tired this with the audio at mute and at all levels and still does this.

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

No... but it sounds like your Apple logo is shooting fireworks. Does it spark at all when it makes the popping noise?

3. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

4. kunze50 macrumors regular

I get a pop sound also, but on my mbp. It started to occur when I upgraded to 10.5.5. The "pop" sound I get is very random, happens a couple of times a day. I'm sure it is a speaker sound, but I do not know what causes it.

5. Mercellus macrumors regular

I haven't seen this issue on any 13-inch Aluminum MacBooks and I haven't personally encountered it on my 15-inch MacBook Pro.

6. mikalh78 thread starter macrumors regular

so i called apple up to see whats up. they told me to reboot and see what happens. after the reboot, everything was fine. then the tech told me to put theApplications Install DVD in and run a Hardware Test and everything is fine. So he took my info and gave me a case number in case this happens again. maybe a glitch?