macbook power button

hartmanjames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
Hey everyone, I just bought my macbook a few hours ago. I was wondering, the power button looks like it should light up or glow or something similar, but instead it does nothing. Is it supposed to light up at all?

hartmanjames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
so the only visible lights on the mb should be the sleep light on the front (which is only illuminated while in sleep mode), the powerpack's light (amber and green), caps lock and num lock. Almost forgot, the glowing apple that you can't see as it is behind the screen.

One last thing, while it was reading one of the cd's i burned (a windowsxp cd acutally) the drive basically "moo"ed at me. Is this normal?

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
hartmanjames said:
One last thing, while it was reading one of the cd's i burned (a windowsxp cd acutally) the drive basically "moo"ed at me. Is this normal?
Yes, it's just the drive revving up.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
hartmanjames said:
Oh, it's more than normal. Just do a search in these Forums for "moo" and you'll find all sorts of results. Reading through all those threads should keep you busy for a while! ;) :cool:

hartmanjames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
Well, so far I love my mac (even though it's going back for replacement via stuck pixel) none of my pcs ever moo'd :p

MOOOOO

Star Destroyer

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2006
i dont think they will take it back for 1 stuck pixal, i have had 1 dead pixal since i got mine, its still dead... what does that tell you..