MacBook Power Cable Melting?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by northy124, Dec 19, 2008.

1. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Hi

My MacBook power cable has a crack in it and is very hot and is melting is this meant to happen after 1 year? I know I have used my MacBook a lot but for the cable to start to melt is well kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

It is out of warranty so I doubt I will get a free one but I would like to know if this has happened to any of you guys?

Northy

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Has not happened to me. I've had a lot of ppl tell me not to use the tabs to wrap my cable around for transport, that I just should coil it up in my hand and use the little piece at the end of the cable to secure itself. Wrapping it around those 2 tabs could cause damage internally causing it to melt and if wrapped too tight it could damage the connection the cable makes going into the main charge box.

3. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

If you search, there's 1000s of these threads, well maybe not that many but there are quite a few. Take it to your nearest AppleStore or authorized Apple dealer and they should replace it for free. Call up Apple too to see if they can send you one in the mail.

4. northy124 thread starter macrumors 68020

northy124

Well I had to email them (Everyone is on the phone:eek:) so I hope to get a result some point this year.