Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xirian

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
My magsafe adapter is now getting extremely hot, and unless i keep it in the exact position when i get the light to turn on, it doesn't work. i've already had 3 replaced, and even bough one myself, which had the magsafe fall off the cable (and they refused to replace because they said it looked like i abused it). I have the first gen macbook, so I'm out of warranty. Is there anything I can do to get them to replace it anyways, since its obviously not me?

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
Not really, just buy a new one. I do not understand how you can break it though. You should be very careful, do not pull the magsafe by the cord, if you want to remove it grab the plastic part and tug off. Also, try not to bend the cord period! On my old iBook I bent it because I wasn't careful, and BAM, broken.:cool:

Xirian

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
it actually gets really hot and then falls apart. I tried going to the apple store, but they didn't even have them in stock and the apple site says 8-10 days for shipping :\

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.