MacBook Power Cable?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marcusj0015, Aug 31, 2011.

1. marcusj0015 macrumors 65816

my iPod Touch 4s sync cable is horrible, the plastic coating is splitting off, and doing horirble things, i'm lucky it still works tbh.

Are the MacBooks cables made as cheaply?

2. swedefish macrumors 6502

I find the MacBook adapters to be rather high quality. I travel with mine in teh bag all the time and I have had no problems with it. The cord itself has a high quality rubber exterior and the magsafe part that goes into the computer is made of metal. Unless you really abuse your cords I can't see why it would start fraying.

3. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I have encountered a few bad sync cables like that as well. A quick tip to the Apple store and it was swapped out without issue. Might want to try that.

4. marcusj0015 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've thought about a trip to the apple store. the closest one is 90 miles away tho :(

5. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I think the MacBook charger is very well made. I do agree with the person who said you should take your adapter to be replaced. Just take it with you next time you're going that way, 90 miles isn't really that far to travel to go to an Apple Store if you ask me. Heck, there was a time that my round trip commute to and from work was longer than that!

6. randomrazr macrumors 65816

7. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

I agree with the OP, there's no way I would drive ~180 miles to get a cable fixed(especially one that's less than $20 in stores, and less than $2 online).

But the MagSafe cable is much stronger than a iPhone cord. MUCH stronger.