Macbook power or not.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Washac, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Hello

Somebody in my house uses my a Macbook 13inch Alu for their main computer.

After battery calibration should we keep it plugged in all the time and discharge it from time to time down to about 20% - 30% then charge it up and continue keeping it plugged in. Also calibrate it every couple of months.

What is best ?

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Please see this link from Apple: http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

What I do:
    I have my MBP as a desktop replacement machine. I have it plugged in most of the time. Once a month, I take the charger out and let the whole thing drain over night. Next morning I charge it back up and wait until 3-4 weeks to do the same thing over again.

Currently, my 2009 MBP battery has 652 cycles on it since I used it a lot for class and work. Health is 93%, which is pretty good. By the way, I use the iStat Pro widget to check the health of my battery in case you would like to do the same.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You are allowed to use your computer however you want. Artificial concerns about maintaining your battery life waste your time much more than whatever decreased battery life you may or may not experience trying to stick to a maintenance regimen.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Run on battery when you need to and plug in when you can. Just don't run plugged in all the time. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: