Macbook Power Problem, please help!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by liwlimuz, Apr 27, 2017.

1. liwlimuz macrumors newbie

liwlimuz

Hi there, first of all I'd like to say that this is my first time here.

So my Macbook Pro (Early 2011) has been dead for a while now. Yesterday I bought the toolkit on ifixit.com and decided to open it up. I disconnected the battery as many people online said and no luck. I took the battery out and after 3 or 4 tries It actually turned on. I left it a little while then put the battery back in and once again it would not work.

After, I went to my friends to try his charger and it worked, first try. Then I tried my charger and it also worked first try. I went home and plugged my mac in, it was charging (orange) and the battery meter showed it had significant charge.

The issue is that, this morning my PC will not turn on. The battery indicator shows no charge at all and the Magsafe shows a dim green light that often flashes dim orange.

What do you think my problem is? Do you think it's worth buying a new DC MagSafe and installing it to see if that's the problem. The Macbook runs quite well and it would be a shame if it was completely dead.

Thanks so much.

2. liwlimuz thread starter macrumors newbie

liwlimuz

PS: last night my PC turned itself on every time that it managed to work, as if it revived every single time. Weird :S