Macbook power up without cable cord

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by grandbo, Jun 19, 2010.

1. grandbo macrumors newbie

Hi Folks. I am searching for any bright ideas to power up my Macbook. I find myself in Belize without my cable cord for my Macbook but I happen to have a powered up PC. Any ideas on how I might use maybe my PC to power up my Macbook? There are no Apple shops here!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3Gs: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

There's nothing you can do. Even a generic adapter wouldn't have a MagSafe, and there is no way to power one computer from the other. Try ordering one on the Internet if there are no local stores...

4. BruiserB macrumors 65816

Found this:

http://latam.apple.com/lae/buy/index.php?ctry=BZ

Also don't know if you're anywhere near some major hotels. Often times tourists leave behind power cords, etc and the front desk of the hotel may have a spare one....wouldn't hurt to stop in to some hotels and see.

5. grandbo thread starter macrumors newbie

Macbook power up without cable cord

Thanks guys for the tip. I will try Fultec and perhaps even the key hotels in town.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

You could always get a friend to FedEx the cord to your hotel, but it would be expensive.