Macbook Price Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rbfinch2, May 17, 2014.

1. rbfinch2 macrumors member

I'm not up on how much MacBooks are going for and their price. I have a MacBook Late 2009 version 2.26 Ghz that I upgraded the hard drive to an SSD 128 gb. Everything works great, battery life is great, and I still have everything even the box.

Does anybody know how much I should reasonably sell it for on Craig's List or even eBay.

2. chabig macrumors 68040

Look on ebay and see what they're selling for, then set your price accordingly.

3. Burning Radio macrumors regular

Just sold my 2008 uMB on eBay for $500 Buy it Now. Had a reserve set at $400.

Wish I set the Price higher because the purchase happened with 3 days left. :rolleyes:

But mine was in similar condition. Box included and all the original parts. year old battery.

4. sophiamendezzz1 macrumors regular

I've really been debating if I should get a new macbook and how I want to go about it. Does the apple store or retailers like BestBuy buy your macbook? Mine is a 2009 macbook. Never upgraded it to anything everything works fine, there are some chips on the bottom edge like by the mouse pad.

Any suggestions on the best way to go?

5. Burning Radio macrumors regular

You can check on Apple's website for their recycling and reuse program. They were only going to offer me $230 for perfect condition which I far surpassed by one eBay listing.

Apple only gives you a gift card for it tho--Not cash money.

6. sophiamendezzz1 macrumors regular

And we all like cash moneeeeeeeey $$$$$$.

Yeah, I'm thinking going the ebay route is probably my best bet for getting as much money possible. Did you price it according to what others were pricing it at? I have some chips and such on my macbook and don't know how much it would affect the price.....