MacBook Pro (10.6.7) won't wake up!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Earle37, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Earle37 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I am having a huge problem with my 3 year old mbpro running 10.6.7 - it is somehow caught in sleep mode and I can't seem to do anything to wake it up.

About a week ago I closed the lit as I have done at least a 1000 times before to send my mbpro to sleep. A few hours later I opened it but the screen stayed black. I could hear the HDD working as well as the two fans, but it simply wouldn't show anything. The LED at the front glows like the computer is sleeping.

Now here is what I've tried so far to fix the issue:

- Reset PRAM (which doesn't seem possible since the machine doesn't actually restart)
    - Removing battery and power cable for 24h
    - Replace RAM
    - Replace HDD

None of the above had any effect on its condition what so ever.

I know for sure that it isn't the GPU (which is a common problem) since I actually got it to resume (by chance) from sleep a single time, but than I died due to missing power from the battery.

Has anyone experienced something similiar or know how to solve that problem?

Thank you so much or your time!

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

So after replacing the battery, it turns back on straight into sleep mode?

If this is the case it would seem that the hardware that puts it to sleep is malfunctioning. (is it magnet operated in the 2009?)

3. Earle37 thread starter macrumors newbie

MacBooks from that time had magnets, not the pro version though. And yes, it just continues trying to wake up even without having had power in more than 24h.

Do you know wether or not there is a CMOS battery somewhere in it like in my old PowerMac G4?

4. bokibt macrumors newbie

hi Earle
    i have same prob
    my macbookpro now want strart is going on sleep mode and cant back on
    all functions resets not work
    so if any one know isue how fix pls pm
    thanks