MacBook Pro 13" 2.26 GHz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by W00DI, Aug 10, 2009.

1. W00DI macrumors member

Who has this? If you do tell me what you think about it.

2. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

I have one, and it's epic. :D

Can you be more specific? What would you like to know, I am typing this on mine right now.

3. W00DI thread starter macrumors member

Are you happy you spent 1200 on it and how much do you love it 1 to 10

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I don't own one but I recently helped a friend set his up to his liking. It seems like an excellent machine, but the screen is too small for my liking. Of course I'm not the one who has to use it, so it doesn't really matter.

5. GabooN macrumors regular

I love mine so far. The screen size doesn't bother me since while I am on the go I will typically be task oriented and not having a bunch of stuff going on. While I am at home I have it hooked up to my 23" 1080p monitor, which it drives just fine.

I did see the 15" mbp today at best buy while I was there and the screen size was nice, but the price difference from the base 15" (without dedicated graphics) just doesn't seem justifiable.

The screen on this thing is amazing though, so crisp and nicely lit/coloured.

6. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

Yes and 12

Seriously though I am very happy this computer thus far.
    I would say this being my first mac I had a bit of a rocky transition from windows but I wouldn't go back now

hardware wise the computer is so pretty and clean that you feel like you need to baby it but I recently took mine on a week long conference where it was subjected to near constant use and being lugged around everywhere, basically severe laptop conditions. I was really worried I might hurt it but I didn't have a single problem and was very happy I decided to take the MBP rather than my Eee pc :D

the uber glossy screen would be my only minor complaint but as this isn't a problem at home or at the office (and mine is pretty well lit w/ windows) I won't complain

7. Griff110 macrumors member

Had mine for about three weeks now and I am happy with mine, Have installed windows 7 via bootcamp to play some games on and it's running Americas Army 3 with medium settings fine, I love the screen, the colours really are good. It runs all my mac programs fine iwork, ilife, aperture, all with no problems, overall I would give mine 9/10

8. pmcb macrumors member

i've had mine for about two months now, i bought it a week or so after they were announced, and i couldn't be happier with my purchase. i'm starting school soon so i bought the machine with the education discound, i havn't made any upgrades or anything but the computer still runs as well as it did the day i opened it. ide like to throw a ssd in once i can afford it tho.

i am pleased with the 13" display, the colors are beautiful. i like the glossy, everything just feels sharper than my old powerbook 17". going from 17" to 13" wasn't a hard adjustment for me. i love the added portability though, i just put it in a sleeve and into my backpack. i don't feel like im packing up my computer anymore.

i can run anything i've tried software wise, photoshop and dreamweaver cs4, sims 3, starcraft :p, and havnt had any hiccups. i can only imagine snowleopard will make it even snappier.

9/10. idk how it could be better really for me, they do exaggerate the battery quite a bit, but thats probably just because i'm always either downloading something or watching a movie. i get around 3.5-4 hours @ 100% with a movie playing, something downloading, an external hd plugged in, and surfing flash ad free internet. i guess thats pretty freakin amazing actually.:cool:

9. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

I find mine really laggy and unresponsive at times. I was expecting something much quicker.

I won’t actually complain until I install SL though.

Edit: Everything else is great though. Screen is really nice, and the build quality is great!

10. oilfighter macrumors regular

I have the 2.53ghz version, but hardware wise is virtually the same. I find the 13mbp a slower than the 2.66 iMac, but that's understandable. At home, I hook my 13mbp up to a 22inch display and use external keyboard+mouse. It's the perfect combo for me. Both portable and ergonomically correct when I'm home.

I also upgraded my HD to 500GB the moment I received my computer. It's a must if you plan to use it as your main computer.

I am pretty satisfied with the computer.

11. simcoe macrumors newbie

I just purchased mine 3 days ago and so far a love it. I was able to get mine tax free in North Carolina. I feels so much more sturdy and solid than the xps m1330 that I just sold. I like the glossy screen, but I can't wait to hook it up to my 2405fpw to see how it handles the 24" goodness. I do think the battery life might be a little exaggerated.

This is my first mac and so far I give it a 9-9.5 out of 10.

12. combine macrumors newbie

my mid 09 13" is serving me very well. we have been together for a month plus and i can see this relationship last for a long time :D

13. andrew12090 macrumors member

I have had mine for around 2 weeks and I must say, this little computer is the best computer I have ever used. The build quality is astounding. I have not had one problem since buying it. (minus getting sent a DOA scorpio blue drive, but that is neweggs beef) also the computer runs beautifully and has handled anything I have thrown at it. I use it with my acer 23 inch monitor and I am considering getting rid of my pc. I need to upgrade the hard drive but once that is done, it will be perfect. I am taking it to college in a few weeks and I think the small footprint will make it quite easy to take around.

14. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

I don't own one myself. However, even with the 2.26, it's still powerful enough to run plenty of applications, and it's great for portability.

If you want to run lots of apps at once, all I'd say is possibly get some 3rd party RAM and install it in yourself for cheaper!

15. mrj412 macrumors regular

Got mine the week they came out. Use it every day and it is great and suites my needs perfectly. I upgraded the RAM to 4Gb and have not had any issues with it.

16. PCtoMAC? macrumors member

I just ordered my 13'' MBP, haven't gotten it yet, but when deciding which one to get for me laptops are all about mobility so the 13'' was an easy decision. I did upgrade to 4GB of RAM and a bigger hard drive though.

17. moral-hazard macrumors regular

It's a fast laptop, the hardware is beautiful (multi touch trackpad, great screen, very quiet, fan never spins and makes noise). It's a little expensive buy mine only cost me $600 - i won an apple gift cert for 300 that i put towards it, used my $100 student discount, and also sold the free iPod touch that came with it for a $200 profit, so I got a pretty slammin deal.

It's a great computer to use and I will definitely take good care of it and use it for a long time to come.

I have noticed it locking up / being semi unresponsive once in a while, but my upgrade to 4GB of ram and an SSD or faster HDD should solve that issue.

Also, you may want to note that the 2.53GHz version does not benchmark much better at alll, and the price difference (an extra 300) is in no way worth it. You're better off with more RAM and an SSD for that extra $300.

18. Wildog27 macrumors member

Any recommendations on the best (and most inexpensive) 500GB Hard Drive Replacement and RAM to upgrade with?

19. moral-hazard macrumors regular

The general consensus seems to be that the Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB is the best choice. People have reported Seagate and WD 7200RPM disks causing excessive vibration. I wouldn't recommend Seagate either way - the past 4 seagate disks I have bought have been part of "bad firmware" batches - they worked fine while I had them, but i've been selling them off before I push my luck too far.

20. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

i had one for about 3 months, but sold it because i needed something with better battery life and smaller form factor. i'll probably get the next revised mbp as i'm sure it'll be improved even more.