Macbook Pro 13" 2.4Ghz 2010 Audio In problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phassat, Apr 16, 2011.

1. phassat macrumors member

Anyone had any issue with the audio-in of the Macbook Pro 13" 2010?

I purchased the MBP on Oct '10 and since the beginning it will only works with selected earphone/headphone.
    The original apple earphone from iPhone is working with my MBP but when I tried other brands such as Altec Lansing, it won't work. The sound keeps coming from my speaker instead of earphone.

I also notice that it has better chance to works with the straight type of jack rather than the L-type.
    What type of audio jack should work with MBP 2010?

2. Sewell macrumors newbie

Its an 8th inch jack, but in my experience not all 8th inch jacks are exactly the same which can be a pain, try getting an 8th to 8th adopter and see if that helps with the cans you want to wear

3. phassat thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info... so 8th inch jack means 3.175mm jack?
    The normal headphone jack is 3.5mm, right?

I might need to find adapter that works for the MBP then I can use any headphone that I want. Would not think about this without your idea....

Is anyone having similar issue with MBP?

4. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

The MBP headphone jack is 3.5mm. Its the standard for all Apple devices and computers.

I think what Sewell is trying to say is that the standard that is used around the world may not be the same and some measurement maybe a bit off and he recommends buying a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack which i presume is only found as extension cords.