Macbook Pro 13" 2.53 with 24in Cinema and FCS3 issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by omfgaturtle, May 25, 2010.

1. omfgaturtle macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm having issues with running final cut studio 3 (current) in its full glory on my macbook pro/led 24in setup. I have my mbp to the right and on an aluminum stand (heat, height, style, etc) which I use to display my canvas within final cut pro and I use the cinema to show the sequence, viewer, etc. I am having issues where my video (in canvas or viewer, so it is not monitor specific) will gitter and get horizontal lines across it that are not present in the video file, but only when played though final cut pro 7. They are Pro-Res 422 (HQ) 23.98fps 1080p files (files off of 5D which were converted with the Canon EOS E-1 plugin). I am wondering if this is a crappy graphics card or a crappy hard drive. I can buy a new hard drive, its a bit more difficult to completely replace my mbp in order to edit properly. Perhaps there are some setting in final cut pro you could recommend? or some solutions to maximize video card capability? Any assistance or advice is desired. Again, I have the 2009 unibody macbook pro, 13in 2.53ghz 4gb, and I have a 500GB 7200RPM Seagate. Also, I'm not new here, just new to the forum aspect, though welcomes are welcome (ha!) they are not necessary.
    Thanks folks.

2. omfgaturtle thread starter macrumors newbie

3. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

The Viewer/Canvas is a proxy and not necessarily indicative of the final output. That's what broadcast monitors are for. Also, I may be wrong on this, but I thought the point of ProRes HQ is mostly "SDI has more bandwidth than ProRes really needs, but since we have it lets just jack up the bitrate and use all the space we have in the pipe"

4. omfgaturtle thread starter macrumors newbie

Referring to Pro-Res HQ, perhaps, but its the standard at my work place. Referring to the canvas, I understand that, however, my Early 2008 Mac Pro (2.8ghz quad core x2 + 8gb ram, ati radeon hd 2600 256mb) at work can run 1080P Pro Res HQ in the canvas in real time and not stutter image, it has many advantages, RAID 5, RAM, Processor, etc, but what I don't understand is why I am not able to view it the same way on my Macbook Pro, whether it is because I dont have as fast of a hard drive setup or because I don't have as powerful enough of a graphics card or if it is some stupid setting i have in final cut. I am seriously at a loss of what to do and I need this machine edit worthy...