Macbook Pro 13" 2.53GHz & Intel 80GB SSD X25-M G2 34nm Postville Performance Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Edirol, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Edirol macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently picked up the Intel 80GB SSD. First thing I did was update it to Intel latest firmware (02HD). I did a clean install of Snow Leopard and then created a bootcamp partition, splitting the drive 20GB for Mac OS X and the remaining for Windows 7 Pro.

I installed Windows 7, bootcamp drivers and then did a windows update and I'm getting disappointing random read results in Windows 7.

I've attached a picture of my benchmark results. I haven't tested the drive in Mac OS X yet. I believe X Bench would be a good tool from reading the forums.

Does anyone have any idea why it might be performing so slow...at reads no less! The write performance numbers seem to be on par with the results I've seen on the web, however all the reads are much slower than others.

Thanks,
    - Edirol

Attached Files:

2. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I am looking to do basically the same thing. I am worried that partitioning such a small (relatively) SSD will cause poor performance.

Could anyone who has partitioned an SSD for Bootcamp comment please?