Macbook Pro 13" 2010 Graphical Glitches

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by EltonT, Apr 28, 2011.

1. EltonT macrumors member

EltonT

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Looks like a bad GPU, definitely get that checked out.

3. EltonT thread starter macrumors member

EltonT

4. doh123 macrumors 65816

I used to have the same machine, and this happened occasionally.

I used to think it was heat related because if I used SMCfancontrol to keep the fans up and he temp down, it seemed to not happen... but after awhile it started happening again.... I could easily go in System Preferences and change the resolution to another resolution for a moment, then switch it back and everything worked fine again. if it happened every day, I'm sure I would have worried about it, but it only happened maybe once every 2 weeks or so.

5. Ryy macrumors member

Please get that looked at. Definitely the gpu.

No way it is heat induced. I play tf2 and killing floor on mine all the time and have never experienced anything like that.

Let us know what you find out. Good luck! :)

6. doh123 macrumors 65816

Make sure your running 10.6.7 too... mine did happen a lot for while, but after a driver update, it basically went away.

7. EltonT thread starter macrumors member

EltonT

I am running 10.6.7, tried laptop coolers which didn't do anything.

I booked a genius appointment this sunday hoping to get this sorted before next week..

8. EltonT thread starter macrumors member

EltonT

Update:

I had my macbook pro's logic board and display replaced but the problem still persists. Would I get a brand new one if I take it back again?

9. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

You could try, but I had that problem exclusively with Source games under OS X (would never happen doing anything else) and I can see you have TF2 running there. Try playing some other non-source games to try and replicate it first perhaps? Maybe also try replicating it in Windows if you can too.

10. EltonT thread starter macrumors member

EltonT

It happens even when I'm browsing.

11. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

If its still happening then take it back to apple again, and if it persists again keep taking it back, once you have been about 3 times and they have tried a few different things, then it's time to ask calmly for a replacement.

If they replaced the Logic Board and Display it simply shouldnt be happening still, so they must have put more faulty parts in.