Macbook Pro 13" 2011 audio issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by calum86, Mar 13, 2011.

1. calum86 macrumors newbie

Hi, im new to this forum, and also this is the firs mac i've had, and was just wondering if anyone has had issues with the new 13"s audio?

I've had mine for about a week now, and hadn't noticed anything up until today, but only because i had been using headphones most of the time. When i play something on the laptop using the built in speakers, i have noticed a fair amount of vibration noises when it is turned up high. I don't know if its a fault though, or whether it's to be expected for the speakers on a 13" laptop?

Also, just as a side note, when i got my laptop, the casing was in perfect condition, as was the wrapping on the laptop, but when i opened it, there was a 1cm diameter sized blob of mud on the side of it, crazy as it sounds. It didnt bother me too much cos i was able to get rid of it without leaving any marks, but it did surprise me. Anyone else had similar issues?

Anyway aside from these small issues, i am loving the macbook pro, and I'm so glad to be leaving my chunky sony vaio behind!

2. KyleGP macrumors member

I'm having issues with my new 15". Right speaker is vibrationy.

3. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I think everyone's 13" speakers vibrate at full volume. Mine do. I just figured it was normal, as all other laptop speakers I've had do the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it, the only way apple will replace them is if you blow one out and you're under warranty

4. MacMadHatter macrumors newbie

MacMadHatter

Laptop speakers have never been the best, it's more that at higher volumes the driver can not handle all the motion to produce an accurate sound and what you hear is that noise. You get the same effect even with high end speakers if you play them just below their breaking point. That's why you want to have certain speakers play certain frequency ranges. Large woofers for base, smaller ones for mids, and tweeters obviously for high frequencies. When they're limited to certain ranges they can play at higher power levels.

5. SteneDave macrumors member

Well, some MBs are def. worse than others. My 13' MBP 2010 keyboard vibrated like hell by one song, whereas my friend's 13' MB 2008 was completely ok by the same song. Same volume.